a presentation of ... Creative Healing, LLC
|Posted by Karen M. Wyatt on March 21, 2016 at 2:10 AM|
Thursday March 24, 2016
10 am Pacific/1 pm Eastern
Join Dr. Karen Wyatt and her guest Karen Shirley who is the Nurturing Arts Coordinator for Homestead Hospice in Roswell, Georgia. Karen will tell us about the innovative arts program she leads and the benefits it offers to the communities where Homestead Hospice is located. We'll discuss how other hospices might start a similar program and promote hospice care in their own communities.
You will learn:
- Where the inspiration to start the Nurturing Arts program came from
- The variety of artists included in the program and how they interact with patients
- The "nuts and bolts" of operating and financing a Nurturing Arts program
- How the Nurturing Arts program helps promote hospice care in the community
- How to create your own program that both supports the arts and serves the community
Karen Shirley is a acting coach, motivational speaker, life coach, director, and playwright. She has written several plays that have been performed on main stage theatre houses, including performances at the 14th Street Playhouse and The Cobb Civic Center Jennie T. Anderson Theatre. Following a prosperous communications career, Karen created the Community Playhouse, a cultural arts program for Cobb Community Center in Georgia that made performance opportunities accessible to all people despite income limits. Karen has now brought her talents to the hospice community in her current position as Nurturing Arts Coordinator for Homestead Hospice in Roswell GA.
Categories: Arts and the Media