a presentation of ... Creative Healing, LLC
|Posted by Karen M. Wyatt on March 22, 2017 at 10:25 PM|
Learn about a unique community outreach program that provides death and dying education and fills the gaps for caregivers and the homeless.
Thursday April 27, 2017
10 am Pacific/1 pm Eastern
My guest Adaire Petrichor is a chaplain, speaker, author, end of life doula, massage therapist, hospice volunteer, reiki master, social entrepreneur and mentor. She is the owner of Connecting Heart 2 Heart Consulting LLC and the founder and President of The Heart of Dying Project, a non-profit dedicated to building compassionate communities of care, through education and advocacy, in support of the end of life. Adaire is deeply invested in her community, holding monthly conversations and caregiver cafes, through the library, exploring death and dying.
Adaire is involved in creating a social hospice serving homeless women, while training displaced women, to accompany the residents as end of life doulas. It is her hope to create compassionate communities of care, by connecting them, heart 2 heart.
Adaire is the author of the forthcoming book Advanced Planning: A Visual Exploration which will feature photos and stories of people who have chosen to use DNR tattoos to express their end-of-life wishes. Connect with Adaire on her website to learn more about her projects and to find out when the book is available for purchase.
In this interview you will learn:
- What inspired Adaire to create The Heart of Dying Project
- How she uses panel discussions with survivors to talk about advance care planning issues
- How her Caregiver Cafes are offering support for people caring for a loved one at home
- Adaire's vision for a social model hospice for homeless women combined with a death doula training program for displaced women
- What motivates Adaire to create her book of DNR tattoos and the stories of their owners
Learn more about Adaire's work: