a presentation of ... Creative Healing, LLC
|Posted by Karen M. Wyatt on June 18, 2017 at 10:35 PM|
Learn how this "interpreter for the unresponsive" works with hospice patients.
Thursday July 13, 2017
10 am Pacific/1 pm Eastern
My guest Malynda Cress will discuss her work as a hospice volunteer who has the ability to interpret the messages of unresponsive patients at the very end of life. She will share stories of the patients she has worked with and how her ability to "hear" their needs has made a difference in their dying process and how she teaches caregivers and loved ones to interact with patients.
In this interview you will learn:
- How Malynda developed the ability to communicate with the dying
- How she perceives the messages that come to her
- Why certain types of music are not helpful for the dying
- A resource for free music online that supports the dying process
- How to weigh the "benefits vs. the burden" of certain types of care in the final hours of life
- Tips for caregivers and loved ones on offering "mindful presence" to the dying patient
Categories: Care of the Dying