a presentation of ... Creative Healing, LLC
|Posted by Karen M. Wyatt on July 20, 2017 at 5:00 PM|
Learn how members of a village in Kenya celebrate the passages of life and death as a community.
Thursday August 31, 2017
10 am Pacific/1 pm Eastern
My guest is Stanley Chagala, a member of the Maragoli tribe in Kenya, East Africa, who is currently studying at San Francisco Theological Seminary. Stanley has a unique insight into tribal customs surrounding life and death, having spent most of his life in a small village without running water or electricity. He will share with us the wisdom he learned from his tribe in this fascinating interview!
In this interview you will learn:
- The day-to-day life Stanley experienced growing up in his village
- The 4 significant "welcoming celebrations" observed in the Maragoli tribe
- How Stanley came to the US to share his knowledge about death and dying
- Stanley's perceptions of our American way of dealing with death
- How he is sharing his wisdom in his work as a hospital chaplain
Categories: Care of the Dying