a presentation of ... Creative Healing, LLC
|Posted by Karen M. Wyatt on August 23, 2018 at 4:45 PM|
Learn how to develop authentic presence in care of the dying to benefit both patients and providers.
NOW AVAILABLE* for listening at this link:
*(As a NEW feature on End-of-Life University you can listen any time to this interview.
You no longer have to tune in at a scheduled time or wait for the replay to arrive by email!
Just click on the link above and start listening - NOW or LATER.)
My guest Kirsten DeLeo will share how she teaches healthcare providers the art of presence so that they can work more effectively with patients at the end of life and avoid experiencing burnout. The "Authentic Presence" training she coordinates through the Spiritual Care Program offers continuing ed credits to students and includes an 8-day immersion retreat.
In this interview you will learn:
- The meaning of "authentic presence" and why it is important
- A simple practice for "coming home" to presence
- How having a contemplative practice can benefit healthcare providers
- How to address fears of death and suffering
- About the "Authentic Presence" training: how it is structured; who it is for; when it is offered; how to register